- M. Kezunovic, Z. Obradovic, T. Dokic, B. Zhang, J. Stojanovic, P. Dehghanian, and P. -C. Chen, “Predicating Spatiotemporal Impacts of Weather on Power Systems using Big Data Science,” Springer Verlag, Data Science and Big Data: An Environment of Computational Intelligence, Pedrycz, Witold, Chen, Shyi-Ming (Eds.), ISBN 978-3-319-53474-9, 2017.
Papers In Journals
- M. Khoshjahan, R. Baembitov and M. Kezunovic, “Informed Prosumer Aggregator Bidding Strategy via Incorporating Distribution Grid Outage Risk Predictions,” in IEEE Access, vol. 11, pp. 28585-28595, March 2023, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3259225
- R. Baembitov, M. Kezunovic, K. A. Brewster and Z. Obradovic, “Incorporating Wind Modeling into Electric Grid Outage Risk Prediction and Mitigation Solution,” in IEEE Access, Vol. 11, pp. 4373 -4380, ISSN 2169-3536., February 2023, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3234984
- P. Dehghanian, Y. Guan, and M. Kezunovic, “Real-Time Life-Cycle Assessment of High Voltage Circuit Breakers for Maintenance using Online Condition Monitoring Data,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 1135-1146, March/April 2019.
- Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “Predictive Risk Management for Dynamic Tree Trimming Scheduling for Distribution Networks,”IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 4776-4785, September 2018.
- C. M. Affonso and M. Kezunovic, “Technical and Economic Impact of PV-BESS Charging Station on Transformer Life: A Case Study,” in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol., No., pp. 1-1, August 2018
- P. Dehghanian, B. Zhang, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “Predictive Risk Analytics for Weather-Resilient Operation of Electric Power Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2018.
- P. C. Chen and M. Kezunovic, “Fuzzy Logic Approach to Predictive Risk Analysis in Distribution Outage Management”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2827-2836, November 2016.
Papers In Proceeding of Refereed Conferences
- M. Kezunovic, R. Baembitov, and M. Khoshjahan, “Data-driven State of Risk Prediction and Mitigation in Support of the Net-zero Carbon Electric Grid,” in 11th Bulk Power Systems Dynamics and Control Symposium – IREP’2022, Banff, Canada, 2022, doi:10.48550/arXiv.2207.03472.
- M. Khoshjahan, R. Baembitov and M. Kezunovic, “Impacts of Weather-Related Outages on DER Participation in the Wholesale Market Energy and Ancillary Services” 2021 CIGRE Grid of the Future Symposium, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, October 2021.
- M. Kezunovic, M. Khoshjahan and M. Soleimani, “Harvesting the Nano-Grid Flexibility” 2021 CIGRE Grid of the Future Symposium, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, October 2021.
M. Soleimani, M. Khoshjahan, M. Kezunovic, “Risk-Based Residential Demand Side Response,” CIRED 2021 Conference, Geneva, Switzerland, September 2021, DOI: 10.1049/icp.2021.1892.
- M. Soleimani, M. Khoshjahan, M. Kezunovic, “Reducing Probability of Transformer Failure by Managing EV Charging in Residential Parking Lots,” IEEE PES General Meeting, Washington, D.C., July, 2021, DOI: 10.1109/PESGM46819.2021.9638079.
- M. Kezunovic, P. Pinson, Z. Obradovic, S. Grijalva, T. Hong, R. Bessa, “Big Data Analytics for Future Electricity Grids”, Power Systems Computation Conference, Porto, Portugal, July, 2020 (online), DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2020.106788.
- M. Kezunovic and T. Dokic,”Big Data Framework for Predictive Risk Assessment of Weather Impacts on Electric Power Systems,” Grid of the Future, CIGRE US National Committee, Atlanta, November, 2019.
- E. Hui Ko, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “Prediction Model for the Distribution Transformer Failure using Correlation of Weather Data,” CIGRE 5th International Colloquium Transformer Research and Asset Management, Opatija, Croatia, October 2019
- C. Seidl, and M. Kezunovic, “Tools for End-to-end Analysis, Calibration and Troubleshooting of Synchrophasor Systems,” ISGT Europe 2019, Bucharest, Romania, September 2019.
- A. M. Ospina, M. Kezunovic, “A Data-Driven Framework for Optimal Placement of Grid-Connected Solar Generation,” IEEE PES General Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, August, 2019.
- M. Soleimani and M. Kezunovic, “Economic Evaluation of Transformer Loss of Life Mitigation by Energy Storage and PV Generation,” 14th International Conference on Deregulated Electricity Market Issues in South-Eastern Europe-DEMSEE 2019, Greece, September, 2019.
- C. M. Affonso, and M. Kezunovic, “Probabilisitic Sizing of PV Generation on Commercial Parking Lot with PEVs to Avoid Transformer Aging,” PowerTech 2019, Milan, Italy, Jun. 2019.
- T. Dokic, M. Pavlovski, Dj. Gligorijevic, M. Kezunovic, Z. Obradovic, “Spatially Aware Ensemble-Based Learning to Predict Weather-Related Outages in Transmission,” The Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences – HICSS, Maui, Hawaii, January 2019.
- J. B. Leite , J. R. S. Mantovani, and M. Kezunovic, “Distribution System Self-Healing Implementation using Decentralized IED-based Multi-Agent System,” IEEE PES Transmission & Distribution Conference and Exhibition – Latin America (T&D-LA), September 2018.
- T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “Optimized Asset Management in Distribution Systems Based on Predictive Risk Analysis,” Mediterranean Conference on Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Energy Conversion – MEDPOWER, Dubrovnik, Croatia, November 2018.
- M. Kezunovic, T. Dokic, R. Said, “Optimal Placement of Line Surge Arresters Based on Predictive Risk Framework Using Spatiotemporally Correlated Big Data,” CIGRE General Session, Paris, France, Aug. 2018.
- C. M. Affonso, Q. Yan, M. Kezunovic, “Risk Assessment of Transformer Loss-of-Life due to PEV Charging in a Parking Garage with PV Generation”, at IEEE PES General Meeting, Portland, Aug. 4-10, 2018.
- M. Kezunovic, Z. Obradovic, T. Dokic, S. Roychoudhury, “Systematic Framework for Integration of Weather Data into Prediction Models for the Electric Grid Outage and Asset Management Applications,” The Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences – HICSS, Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, January 2018.
- J. Leite, J. Mantovani, T. Dokic, Q. Yan, P.-C. Chen, M. Kezunovic, “Failure Probability Metric by Machine Learning for Online Risk Assessment in Distribution Networks,” IEEE/PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Latin America (ISGT-LA), Quito, Ecuador, September 20-22, 2017.
- P.-C. Chen and M. Kezunovic, “Load Consumption Prediction Utilizing Historical Weather Data and Climate Change Projections,” to be presented in International Conference on Intelligent Systems Applications to Power (ISAP), San Antonio, Texas, USA, September 17-21, 2017.
- M. Kezunovic, T. Dokic, “Predictive Asset Management Under Weather Impacts Using Big Data, Spatiotemporal Data Analytics and Risk Based Decision-Making,” 10th Bulk Power Systems Dynamics and Control Symposium – IREP’2017, Espinho, Portugal, August 2017.
- P.-C. Chen and, M. Kezunovic, “Weather Variation and Climate Change Impacts on Power System,” to be presented in Proceeding IEEE PES General Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA, July 16-20, 2017.
- M. Kezunovic, T. Dokic, and P.-C. Chen, “Big Data Uses for Risk Assessment in Predictive Outage and Asset Management,” CIGRE Dublin Symposium, Dublin, Ireland, May 29-June 2, 2017.
- T. Dokic, P.-C. Chen, M. Kezunovic, “Risk Analysis for Assessment of Vegetation Impact on Outages in Electric Power Systems“, CIGRE US National Committe 2016 Grid of the Future Symposium, Philadelphia, PA, October-November 2016.
- Q. Yan, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “Predicting Impact of Weather Caused Blackouts on Electricity Customers Based on Risk Assessment,” IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Boston, MA, July 2016.
- B. Zhang, P. Dehghanian, M. Kezunovic, “Spatial-Temporal Solar Power Forecast through Use of Gaussian Conditional Random Fields,” IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Boston, MA, July 2016.
- Q. Yan, B. Zhang, and M. Kezunovic, “The Demand Response Support Under Weather Impacts Using PV Generation and EV Energy Storage,” Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), 2016 IEEE 16th International Conference on, Florence, Italy, June 2016.
- Q. Yan, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “GIS-Based Risk Assessment for Electric Power Consumers under Severe Weather Conditions,” 18th Mediterranean Electrotechnical Conference – MELECON 2016, Limassol, Cyprus, April 2016.
- T. Dokic, P. Dehghanian, P.-C. Chen, M. Kezunovic, Z. Medina-Cetina, J. Stojanovic, Z. Obradovic “Risk Assessment of a Transmission Line Insulation Breakdown due to Lightning and Severe Weather,” HICCS – Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Kauai, Hawaii, January 2016.
- P.-C. Chen, T. Dokic, N. Stokes, D. W. Goldberg, M. Kezunovic, “Predicting Weather-Associated Impacts in Outage Management Utilizing the GIS Framework,” IEEE/PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Latin America (ISGT-LA), Montevideo, Uruguay, October 2015.
- B. Zhang, P. Dehghanian, M. Kezunovic, “Simulation of Weather Impacts on the Wholesale Electricity Market”, DEMSEE, Budapest, Hungary, September, 2015.
- M. Kezunovic, T. Dokic, P.-C. Chen, V. Malbasa, “Improved Transmission Line Fault Location Using Automated Correlation of Big Data from Lightning Strikes and Fault-induced Traveling Waves,”HICCS – Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Kauai, Hawaii, January 2015.
- P.-C. Chen, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “The Use of Big Data for Outage Management in Distribution Systems,” International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CIRED) Workshop, Rome, Italy, June 2014.
- M. Kezunovic, L. Xie, S. Grijalva, “The Role of Big Data in Improving Power System Operation and Protection,” Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control Symposium, Rethymnon, Greece, Aug 2013.
- M. Kezunovic, et al., “Systematic Integration of Large Data Sets for Improved Decision-Making,” PSerc Report #15-05, September 2015.
The material available on this page is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. In most cases, these works may not be re-posted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Material with IEEE Copyright
Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from IEEE.