Papers In Journals
- M. Kezunovic, V. Vittal, S. Meliopoulos, “The Big Picture“, Power and Energy Magazine, IEEE , Vol.10, No.4, pp.22-34, July/August 2012.
- M. Kezunovic, J.D. McCalley, T.J. Overbye, “Smart Grids and Beyond: Achieving the Full Potential of Electricity Systems,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.100, Special Centennial Issue, pp.1329-1341, May 2012.
- J. Ren, M. Kezunovic, “Teaching Protective Relaying Design and Application Using New Modeling and Simulation Tools,” Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 5, May 2012.
- M. Kezunovic, “Translational Knowledge: From Collecting Data to Making Decisions in a Smart Grid,” IEEE Proceedings, 2011 Vol. 99, No. 6, pp 977-997, June 2011.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Abur, G. Huang, A. Bose, K. Tomsovic, “The Role of Digital Modeling and Simulation in Power Engineering Education,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 19, No.1, pp 64-72, February 2004.
- M. Kezunovic, “User Friendly, Open System Software for Teaching Protective Relaying Application and Design Concepts,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp 986 – 992, August 2003.
- A. Abur, M. Kezunovic, “A Simulation and Testing Laboratory for Addressing Power Quality Issues in Power System,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 3-8, February 1999.
- M. Kezunovic, “An Advanced Approach to Teaching Protective Relaying Courses,” Intl. Journal of Electrical Engineering Education, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 246-260, July 1991.
Papers In Proceeding of Refereed Conferences
- J. Ren, M. Kezunovic, “Modeling and Simulation Tools for Teaching Protective Relaying Design and Application for the Smart Grid,” Modern Electric Power Systems, Wroclaw, Poland, September 2010.
- M. Kezunovic, “Teaching the Smart Grid Fundamentals Using Modeling, Simulation, and Hands-on Laboratory Experiments,” IEEE PES General Meeting, Minneapolis, USA, July 2010.
- G. T. Heydt,A. Bose,W. T. Jewell, M. Kezunovic,J. D. McCalley, D. J. Ray, P. W. Sauer, C. Singh, V. Vittal, “Professional Resources to Implement the “Smart Grid”,” IEEE PES 41st North America Power Symposium (NAPS) , Starkville, Mississippi, USA, October, 2009.
- S. Vasilic, M. Kezunovic, “An Improved Neural Network Algorithm for Classifying the Transmission Line Faults,” IEEE PES Winter Meeting, New York, New York, Jan. 2002.
- M. Kezunovic, Z. Galijasevic, “ New Software Framework for Automated Analysis of Power System Transient,” International Conference on Power System Transients – IPST 2001, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 2001.
- M. Kezunovic, X. Xu, Y. Liao, “Advanced Software Development for Automated Power Quality Assessment Using DFR Data,” Fault and Disturbance Analysis Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, May 2001.
- M. Kezunovic, Z. Galijasevic, “ Advanced Engineering Tools for Protective Relay Engineers,” Development in Power System Protection, Amsterdam, Netherlands, April 2001.
- M. Kezunovic, B. Kasztenny, “ New SIMULINK Libraries for Modeling Digital Protective Relays and Evaluating Their Performance Under Fault Transients,” Int’l. Conference on Power System Transients – IPST ’99, Budapest, Hungary, June 1999.
- M. Kezunovic, Y. Liao, “ Advanced Framework for PQ Assessment,” 15th Int’l. Conference on Electricity Distribution – CIRED ’99, Nice, France, June 1999.
- M. Kezunovic, B. Kasztenny, Z. Galijasevic, “Modeling, Developing and Testing Protective Relays Using MATLAB, Programmable Relays and Digital Simulators for Power Engineering Education,” 3rd Int’l. Conference on Digital Power System Simulators – ICDS ’99, Vasteras, Sweden, May 1999.
- M. Kezunovic, G. Huang, A. Abur, A. Bose, K. Tomsovic, M. Venkatasubramanian, “ Using Modeling, Simulation, and Digital Simulators for Power Engineering Education,” 3rd Int’l. Conference on Digital Power system Simulators – ICDS ’99, Vasteras, Sweden, May 1999.
- M. Kezunovic, B. Kasztenny, R. Martinez-Lagunes, N. Suphasan, “New Software Tools for Power System Relaying Utilizing Modeling and Simulation,” ISCA 14th Int’l. Conference on Computers and Their Applications, Cancun, Mexico, April 1999.
- M. Kezunovic, B. Kasztenny, “ New Educational MATLAB Software for Teaching Protection Relaying Courses,” IV Simposio Iberamericano Sobre Proteccion de Sistemas Electricos de Potencia, Monterrey, Mexico, November 1998.
- M. Kezunovic, “ Advanced Power Engineering Education Using Digital Simulation,” CIGRE Workshop, 1998 CIGRE General Session, Paris, France, September 1998.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Bose, H. Elahi, W.E. Muston, E.W. Schweitzer, T.E. Wiedeman, “ Power Engineering Education – Needs and Advancements,” 60th American Power Conference, Chicago, Illinois, April 1998.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Abur, G. Huang, “ MERIT 2000 – A New Concept in Power Engineering Education,” International Conference on Energy Management and Power Delivery – EMPD’98, Singapore, March 1998.
- M. Kezunovic, “ Advanced Education and Training Using Digital Simulator Designs,” American Power Conference, Chicago, Illinois, April 1997.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Abur, G. Huang, A. Bose, K. Tomsovic, M. Venkatasubramanian “MERIT 2000 – Multidisciplinary Education Using Curriculum Re-Engineering, Industry Partnership and Simulation Technology,” Final Report, National Science Foundation, July 2001.
The material available on this page is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. In most cases, these works may not be re-posted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Material with IEEE Copyright
Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from IEEE.