- M. Kezunovic, et al., “Smart Grid Barriers and Critical Success Factors,” S. Borlase, Editor, Chapter on Smart Grids: Infrastructure, Technology, and Solutions, CRC Press, ISBN 978-1-4398-2905-9, 2012.
Papers In Journals
- P. Dehghanian, B. Zhang, T. Dokic and M. Kezunovic, “Predictive Risk Analytics for Weather-Resilient Operation of Electric Power Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, Vol. 10, No., pp. 3-15, January 2019, DOI: 10.1109/TSTE.2018.2825780.
- M. Kezunovic, “Energy & Distribution: What’s Next In These Management Systems [Guest Editorial],” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 16-24, March/April 2018.
- M. Keznunovic, T.J.Overdye, “Off The Beaten Path: Resiliency And Associated Risk,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 26-35, March/April 2018.
- M. Kezunovic, “New Trends for Automated Fault and Disturbance Analysis,” PAC World, pp. 54-59, June 2013.
- M. Kezunovic, “The New Substation“, Electric Perspectives Magazine, EEI, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 23-28, September 2012.
- M. Kezunovic, “Data Analytics: Creating Information and Knowledge“, Power and Energy Magazine, IEEE, Vol.10, No.5, pp.14-23, September 2012.
- M. Kezunovic, V. Vittal, S. Meliopoulos, “The Big Picture“, Power and Energy Magazine, IEEE , Vol.10, No.4, pp.22-34, July/August 2012.
- M. Kezunovic, J.D. McCalley, T.J. Overbye, “Smart Grids and Beyond: Achieving the Full Potential of Electricity Systems,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.100, Special Centennial Issue, pp.1329-1341, May 2012.
- M. Kezunovic, “Translational Knowledge: From Collecting Data to Making Decisions in a Smart Grid,” IEEE Proceedings, 2011 Vol. 99, No. 6, pp 977-997, June 2011.
- M. Kezunovic, “Intelligent Design.” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 37-44, November 2010.
- L. Wozniak, J. Cardell, I. Dobson, W. Jewell, M. Kezunovic, T. Overbye, P.K. Sen, D. Tylavski, L. Beard, F. Galvan, D. Hawkins, J. McConnach, “Key Technical Challenges for the Electric Power Industry and Climate Change,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol.25, No.2, pp.465-473, June 2010.
- M. Kezunovic, G.T. Heydt, C, DeMarco, T. Mount, “Is Teamwork the Smart Solution,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 69-78, March/April 2009.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Abur, “Merging the Temporal and Spatial Aspects of Data and Information for Improved Power System Monitoring Applications,” IEEE Proceedings, Vol. 9, No. 11, pp 1909-1919, 2005.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Abur, A. Edris, D. Sobajic, “Data Integration/Exchange Part II: Future Technical and Business Opportunities,” IEEE Power & Energy Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp 24-29, May/June 2004.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Abur, A. Ednis, D. Sobajic, “Data Integration/Exchange Part I: Existing Technical and Business Opportunities,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp 14 – 19, March/April 2004.
Papers In Proceeding of Refereed Conferences
- M. Kezunovic, R. Baembitov, and M. Khoshjahan, “Data-driven State of Risk Prediction and Mitigation in Support of the Net-zero Carbon Electric Grid,” in 11th Bulk Power Systems Dynamics and Control Symposium – IREP’2022, Banff, Canada, 2022, doi:10.48550/arXiv.2207.03472.
- M. Kezunovic, M. Khoshjahan and M. Soleimani, “The Future Role of Active Distribution Load in Enhancing Reliability, Resilience and Security of the Electricity Grids,” 2022 CIGRE Symposium, Kyoto, Japan, April 2022.
- M. Khoshjahan, M. Soleimani and M. Kezunovic, “Flexibility Provision by Distributed Prosumers in Wholesale Electricity Market,” The IET CIRED Workshop, Berlin, Germany, September 2020.
- M. Kezunovic, P. Pinson, Z. Obradovic, S. Grijalva, T. Hong, R. Bessa, “Big Data Analytics for Future Electricity Grids”, Power Systems Computation Conference, Porto, Portugal, July, 2020 (online), DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2020.106788.
- M. Kezunovic and T. Dokic,”Big Data Framework for Predictive Risk Assessment of Weather Impacts on Electric Power Systems,” Grid of the Future, CIGRE US National Committee, Atlanta, November, 2019.
- M. Kezunovic, A. Esmaeilian, G. Manimaran, A. Mehrizi-Sani, “The Use of System in the Loop, Hardware in the Loop, and Co-modeling of Cyber-Physical Systems in Developing and Evaluating Smart Grid Solutions“, 50th Hawaii International Conference on System Science (HICCS2017), Hawaii, January 4-7 2017.
- M. Kezunovic, P. Dehghanian, J. Sztipanovits, “An Incremental System-of-Systems Integration Modelling of Cyber-Physical Electric Power Systems“, CIGRE US National Committe 2016 Grid of the Future Symposium, Philadelphia, PA, October-November 2016.
- M. Tasdighi, M. Kezunovic, “Robust Protection of Power Transmission Systems in Today’s Restructured Environment“, US CIGRE Grid of Future Symposium 2016, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 2016.
- M. Kezunovic, et al., “Looking into the Future Protection, Automation and Control Systems,”Paper presented by Working Group K15 on Centralized Substation Protection and Control, IEEE Power System Relaying Committee, Memphis, Tennessee, January 2016.
- M. Kezunovic, P.-C. Chen, A. Esmaeilian, and M. Tasdighi, “Hierarchically Coordinated Protection: An Integrated Concept of Corrective, Predictive, and Inherently Adaptive Protection,” CIGRE International Conference on Actual Trends in Development of Power System Relay Protection and Automation, Sochi, Russia, June 2015.
- P. C. Chen, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, “The Use of Big Data for Outage Management in Distribution Systems,” International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CIRED) Workshop, Rome, Italy, June, 2014.
- M. Kezunovic, D. Sevcik, R. Lunsford, B. Clowe, T. Popovic, “20 Years and Counting: Deploying a System for Automated Analysis of Transmission Line Faults,” 17th Annual Georgia Tech Fault and Disturbance Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, April, 2014.
- M. Kezunovic, T. Popovic, G. Gurrala, P. Dehghanian, A. Esmaeilian, M. Tasdighi, “Reliable Implementation of Robust Adaptive Topology Control,” HICCS – Hawaii International Conference on System Science, Manoa, Hawaii, January, 2014.
- M. Kezunovic, L. Xie, S. Grijalva, “The Role of Big Data in Improving Power System Operation and Protection,” Bulk Power System Dynamics and Control Symposium, Rethymnon, Greece, August, 2013.
- M. Kezunovic, “The Next Generation EMS Design,” CIGRE Lisbon Symposium, Lisbon, Portugal, Apr 2013.
- M. Kezunovic and A. Bose, “The Future EMS Design Requirements”, the 46th HICCS Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii, January 2013.
- Y. Dong, M. Kezunovic, “Communication Infrastructure for Emerging Transmission-Level Smart Grid Applications“, IEEE PES General Meeting 2011, Detroit, July, 2011.
- M. Kezunovic, Y. Guan, C. Guo, M. Ghavami, “The 21st Century Substation Design: Vision of the Future,” IREP 2010, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August, 2010.
- C. Zheng, M. Kezunovic, “Integrated Solutions for Ubiquitous Use of Electricity and Cyber Services,” North American Power Symposium-NAPS, Calgary, Canada, September, 2008.
- M. Kezunovic, I. Dobson, Y. Dong, “Impact of Extreme Weather on Power System Blackouts and Forced Outages: New Challenges,” Balkan Power Conference, Sibenik, Croatia, September, 2008.
- M. Kezunovic, B. Matic-Cuka, O. Gonen, N. Badayos, “An Advanced Data/Information Presentation in Power Systems,” ISCA 23rd International Conference on Computers and Their Applications-CATA 08, Cancun, Mexico, April, 2008.
- M. Kezunovic, et al., “Physical and Cyber Infrastructure to Support the Future Grid: Unresolved Research Problems and Technology Requirements for the Next 10 years,” PSerc Report #15-07, October 2015.
- M. Kezunovic, et.al., “An Assessment of the National Standards and Technology Physical Measurements Laboratory, FY 2015,” Report by the National Academies Panel, ISBN: 978-0-309-43936-7.
- V. Vittal, et al. “Final Report to the National Energy Technology Laboratory on FY09-FY13 Cooperative Research with the Consortium for Electric Reliability Technology Solutions,” PSerc Report, June 2015.
- M. Kezunovic, et. al. “Energy Cyberphysical Systems: Research Challenges and Opportunities,” Report from NSF Workshop, December 2013.
- M. Kezunovic, G. Karady, “The 21st Century Substation Design,” PSerc Report #10-15, September 2010.
- T. Overbye, J. Cardell, I. Dobson, W. Jewell, M. Kezunovic, P.K. Sen, D. Tylavsky, “The Electric Power Industry and Climate Change: Power Systems Research Possibilities,” PSerc Report #07-16, June 2007.
The material available on this page is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. In most cases, these works may not be re-posted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Material with IEEE Copyright
Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from IEEE.