- M. Kezunovic, et al., “Smart Grid Barriers and Critical Success Factors,” Stuart Borlase, Editor, Chapter on Smart Grids: Infrastructure, Technology, and Solutions, ISBN 978-1-4398-2905-9, 2012.
- M. Khoshjahan, R. Baembitov and M. Kezunovic, “Informed Prosumer Aggregator Bidding Strategy via Incorporating Distribution Grid Outage Risk Predictions,” in IEEE Access, vol. 11, pp. 28585-28595, March 2023, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2023.3259225
- M. Khoshjahan and M. Kezunovic, “Robust bidding strategy for aggregation of distributed prosumers in flexiramp market,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 209, 107994, ISSN 0378-7796, August 2022, DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2022.107994
- Q. Yan, B. Zhang and M. Kezunovic, “Optimized Operational Cost Reduction for an EV Charging Station Integrated with Battery Energy Storage and PV generation,” in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 2096-2106, March 2019.
- B. Zhang, P. Dehghanian, and M. Kezunovic, “Optimal Allocation of PV Generation and Battery Storage for Enhanced Resilience,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 10, No. 99, pp. 535-545, January 2019.
- C. M. Affonso and M. Kezunovic, “Technical and Economic Impact of PV-BESS Charging Station on Transformer Life: A Case Study,” in IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol., No., pp. 1-1, August 2018.
- M. Kezunovic “Energy & Distribution: What’s Next in These Management Systems,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol. 16, No. 2, March/April 2018.
- B. Zhang, M. Kezunovic, “Impact on Power System Flexibility by Electric Vehicle Participation in Ramp Market,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 1285-1294, May 2016.
- M. Kezunovic, “Electric Vehicles Could Offer More Gain that Drain,” Electric Energy T&D Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 18-20, Nov/Dec 2013.
- M. Kezunovic, J.D. McCalley, and T.J. Overbye, “Smart Grids and Beyond: Achieving the Full Potential of Electricity Systems,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.100, Special Centennial Issue, pp.1329-1341, May 13 2012.
- C. Pang, P. Dutta, M. Kezunovic, “BEVs/PHEVs as Dispersed Energy Storage for V2B Uses in the Smart Grid,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Special Issue on Transportation Electrification and Vehicle-to-Grid Applications, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp 473-482, March 2012.
Papers in Proceedings of Refereed Conferences
- M. Khoshjahan, and M. Kezunovic, “Cybersecurity analysis of prosumer/aggregator communications via software defined networking emulators,” CIRED Workshop on E-mobility and power distribution systems, Porto, Portugal, June 2022.
- Kezunovic, M. Khoshjahan, and M. Soleimani, “The Future Role of Active Distribution Load in Enhancing Reliability, Resilience and Security of the Electricity Grids,” CIGRE Symposium: Power System Transformation including Active Distribution, Kyoto, Japan, April 2022.
- M. Khoshjahan, M. Kezunovic, “Blockchain implementation for DER visibility and transaction verification in wholesale market,” IEEE PES Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Conference & Exposition, New Orleans, USA, April 2022.
- M. Soleimani, M. Kezunovic, “Transformer Loss of Life Mitigation by Coordinating Energy Storage, EV charging, and PV Generation at Consumer Sites,” The 53rd NAPS, College Station, USA, Nov, 2021, DOI: 10.1109/NAPS52732.2021.9654445.
- M. Khoshjahan, R. Baembitov and M. Kezunovic, “Impacts of Weather-Related Outages on DER Participation in the Wholesale Market Energy and Ancillary Services” 2021 CIGRE Grid of the Future Symposium, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, October 2021.
- M. Kezunovic, M. Khoshjahan and M. Soleimani, “Harvesting the Nano-Grid Flexibility” 2021 CIGRE Grid of the Future Symposium, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, October 2021.
M. Soleimani, M. Khoshjahan, M. Kezunovic, “Risk-Based Residential Demand Side Response,” CIRED 2021 Conference, Geneva, Switzerland, September 2021, DOI: 10.1049/icp.2021.1892.
- M. Soleimani, M. Khoshjahan, M. Kezunovic, “Reducing Probability of Transformer Failure by Managing EV Charging in Residential Parking Lots,” IEEE PES General Meeting, Washington, D.C., July, 2021, DOI: 10.1109/PESGM46819.2021.9638079.
- H. Santos, C. M. Affonso, M. Kezunovic, “Volt-Var Support in Distribution Systems by controlling Electric Vehicles Charging,” 2021 IEEE PowerTech Conference, Madrid, Spain, June 2021.
- M. Khoshjahan, M. Soleimani and M. Kezunovic, “Tracing and Securing DER Transactions in the Wholesale Electricity Market using Blockchain,” 2021 IEEE PowerTech Conference, Madrid, Spain, June 2021, pp. 1-6, DOI: 10.1109/PowerTech46648.2021.9494772.
- M. Khoshjahan, M. Soleimani and M. Kezunovic, “Flexibility Provision by Distributed Prosumers in Wholesale Electricity Market,” The IET CIRED Workshop, Berlin, Germany, September 2020.
- M. Kezunovic, P. Pinson, Z. Obradovic, S. Grijalva, T. Hong, R. Bessa, “Big Data Analytics for Future Electricity Grids”, Power Systems Computation Conference, Porto, Portugal, July, 2020 (online), DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2020.106788.
- M. Soleimani, M. Kezunovic, “Economic Analysis of Transformer Loss of Life Mitigation Using Energy Storage and PV Generation,” 2020 IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition (T&D), Chicago, Illinois, April, 2020.
- M. Khoshjahan, M. Soleimani and M. Kezunovic,”Optimal Participation Of PEV charging stations integrated with Smart Buildings in the Wholesale Energy and Reserve Markets,” 2020 IEEE PES Conference on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies North America (ISGT NA 2020), Washington, D.C., USA, February 2020.
- M. Alqudah, T. Dokic, M. Kezunovic, Z. Obradovic, “Prediction of Solar Radiation Based on Spatial and Temporal Embeddings for Solar Generation Forecast,” Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences – HICSS 2020, Grand Wailea, Maui, Jan. 2020, DOI: 10.24251/HICSS.2020.363.
- M. Kezunovic, M. Soleimani, H. Abu-Rub, S. Bayhan, M. Trabelsi, “Hardware in the Loop Simulation of a Nano-Grid Transactive Energy Exchange“, 2nd International Conference on Smart Grid and Renewable Energy (SGRE) 2019 , Doha, Qatar, November 2019.
- M. Soleimani and M. Kezunovic, “Economic Evaluation of Transformer Loss of Life Mitigation by Energy Storage and PV Generation,” 14th International Conference on Deregulated Electricity Market Issues in South-Eastern Europe-DEMSEE 2019, Greece, September, 2019.
- M. Soleimani, C. Affonso, M. Kezunovic, “Transformer Loss of Life Mitigation in the Presence of Energy Storage and PV Generation,” 2019 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe), Bucharest, Romania, September 2019.
- A. M. Ospina, M. Kezunovic, “A Data-Driven Framework for Optimal Placement of Grid-Connected Solar Generation,” IEEE PES General Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, August, 2019.
- C. M. Affonso, M. Kezunovic, “Technical and Economic Feasibility Analysis of a Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station,” IEEE PES General Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, August, 2019.
- C. M. Affonso, and M. Kezunovic, “Probabilisitic Sizing of PV Generation on Commercial Parking Lot with PEVs to Avoid Transformer Aging,” PowerTech 2019, Milan, Italy, Jun. 2019.
- C. M. Affonso, Q. Yan, M. Kezunovic, “Risk Assessment of Transformer Loss-of-Life due to PEV Charging in a Parking Garage with PV Generation”, at IEEE PES General Meeting, Portland, Aug. 4-10, 2018.
- C. M. Affonso, M. Kezunovic, “Probabilistic Assessment of Electric Vehicle Charging Demand Impact on Residential Distribution Transformer Aging”, at International Conference on Probabilistic Methods Applied to Power Systems – PMAPS, Boise, Idaho, USA, June 24-28, 2018.
- Q. Yan, C. Qian, B. Zhang, M. Kezunovic, “Statistical Analysis and Modeling of Plug-in Electric Vehicle Charging Demand in Distribution Systems,” International Conference on Intelligent Systems Applications to Power (ISAP), San Antonio, Texas, USA, September 17-21, 2017.
- B. Zhang, Q. Yan, M. Kezunovic, “Placement of EV charging stations integrated with PV generation and battery storage,” 2017 Twelfth International Conference on Ecological Vehicles and Renewable Energies (EVER), Monaco, April 11-13, 2017.
- Q. Yan, B. Zhang, and M. Kezunovic, “The Demand Response Support Under Weather Impacts Using PV Generation and EV Energy Storage,” Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), 2016 IEEE 16th International Conference on, Florence, Italy, June 2016.
- B. Zhang, M. Kezunovic, “Impact of Available Electric Vehicle Battery Power Capacity on Power System Reliability,”IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, July 2013.
- Q. Yan and M. Kezunovic, “Impact Analysis of Electric Vehicle Charging on Distribution System,” Proc. of the 43rd North American Power Symposium, Urbana-Champaign, MA, September 9-11, 2012.
- C. Pang, M. Kezunovic, M. Ehsani, “Demand Side Management by using Electric Vehicles as Distributed Energy Resources”, 2012 IEEE International Electric Vehicle Conference, Greenville, USA, March 2012.
- C. Pang, P. Dutta, S. Kim, M. Kezunovic, and I. Damnjanovic, “PHEVs as Dynamically Configurable Dispersed Energy Storage for V2B Uses in the Smart Grid,” MedPower 2010, Cyprus, November 2010.
- M. Kezunovic, S. T. Waller, I. Damnjanovic, “Framework for Studying Emerging Policy Issues Associated with PHEVs in Managing Coupled Power and Transportation Systems,” 2010 IEEE Green Technology Conference, Arlington, Texas, Apr 2010.
The material available on this page is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. In most cases, these works may not be re-posted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Material with IEEE Copyright
Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from IEEE.